A recap of last week’s homecoming activities

Photographer: Madeline Hedrich

L-Town at Friday’s homecoming game

Written by Lauren Jankowski, Staff Writer

Homecoming week has been a hit with many games, dancing, and outrageous outfits during dress up days! Hallway decorating on Monday night was a huge success with many people showing up and decking out the halls with school spirit. Tuesday night was the perfect weather to watch a movie, and students did just that as they had a blast watching Men In Black at east’s soccer field.

The senior class walked away with a win at the Powderpuff games against the juniors, who came in second place, just as the boys poms debuted their dance to the crowd.

After Wednesday’s assemblies, freshmen were behind as the sophomores and the seniors were beating the juniors; however, after Thursday’s all school assembly, the freshmen took the lead coming in first, sophomores in second place, seniors in third place, and juniors in last place.

Homecoming week was filled with school spirit everyday. Everyone has made a great effort to go along with the dress up themes; however, not all students are a huge fan of the selection of dress up themes this year.

Sophomore student Jack Sadler said, “They could be more interesting.”

Senior student Alison Knowski agreed and thinks that the “dress up days are okay, but there is room for improvement” and that “maybe there could be a poll on [Power School Learning website] where people could vote for the [dress up] days.”

Despite that, there’s still a lot of excitement surrounding the dance from the freshmen to the seniors. Freshman Jacob Moore is very excited for his first homecoming and expects there to be “a lot of food and a good DJ.”

Whether you have been to the dance before or not, it will be ‘out of this world’!

Photographer: Lauren Jankowski
Seniors (left to right) Jake Brasen, Zac Neuhardt, and Luke Brasen, a few of the members of the boys poms team.

Photographer: Lauren Jankowski
The junior class team celebrating their win against the sophomores at the Powderpuff game

Photographer: Lauren Jankowski
Boys poms going “above and beyond” during their debut performance at the Powderpuff games this Wednesday

Photographer: Lauren Jankowski
Senior class Powderpuff defense cheering on the offense from the sidelines this Wednesday