Stranger Things: Season two gets darker

Written by Sarayah Villasenor, Staff Writer

**Before reading: Spoiler Alert**

When we last saw our favorite groups of misfit middle schoolers, rag tag teens, and sceptical adults on the Netflix original series hit TV show, Stranger Things, they were all left in questionable positions.

Will Byers (Noah Schnapp) had finally been reunited with his family, but not without being haunted by his time in the Upside Down. Eleven (Millie Bobby Brown) vanished while saving Mike (Finn Wolfhard), Dustin (Gaten Matarazzo), and Lucas (Caleb McLaughlin) from the Demogorgon. The frustrating love triangle between Steve (Joe Keery), Nancy (Natalia Dyer), and Jonathan (Charlie Heaton) ends on a low-note (or a high-note depending on your ship). Needless to say, the season one finale left its audience wanting more, and, boy, did season two deliver!

Season two takes on a far darker tone compared to season one, with a more intense storyline along with complex character development. It’s 1984, and the boys are adjusting to the new school year.

Jonathan and Nancy are on a mission to get justice for Barb, and Steve is finding his way through his senior year, playing basketball, and taking care of the misfit middle schoolers. A monster – far worse than the Demogorgon – is chasing after Will. Joyce (Winona Ryder) and Hopper (David Harbour) are doing their best to keep him safe while making sure he gets the treatment he needs.

Mike and Eleven are lost without each other and are doing their best to reunite. All the while, Lucas and Dustin are fascinated by the skateboarding, gamer-girl named Max (Sadie Sink) who keeps beating their high scores in the arcade.

These characters go through trials and tribulations while navigating through their next Upside Down adventures. With a darker storyline and well-written character development, season two is a must watch.

The show’s creators, the Duffer Brothers, are revealing as little as possible about the third season. What we do know is that season 3 will contain another significant time jump and Eleven may be joining Mike, Dustin, Lucas, Will, and Max as they start high school. The villain is speculated to be the same villain from season 2.

The plot still remains a mystery, but fans can expect season 3 and season 4 to hit Netflix in the future, though air dates have not been released to the public.

Rating: 4/4 stars