Best Buddies participate in fall fun activities

Photographer: Kaia Hsu

Hannah Borello poses with her pumpkin showing her fall spirit with her buddy, Jannah Abu-Khalil.

Written by Kaia Hsu, Editorial Writer

Best Buddies kicks off the fall season when they met at Konows, a farm in Homer Glen,  on October 6th. The Best Buddies club is an organization that creates opportunities and friendships for people with mental and developmental disabilities. 

Photographer: Kaia Hsu
Evan Schneider, Angel Porfilio, and Audrey Jeglinski hanging out on the hay stack.
Photographer: Kaia Hsu
Ryan Kevish and Evie Labus walked together around Konows having a great time.

The LTHS Best Buddies group got to explore Konows. Members got to pet the animals at the petting zoo, climb the haystacks, and spend time with their buddies. Peer buddies and associate buddies get to hang out with their buddies and hang out on weekends. They hold events such as a meeting at Konows or participate in Trunk or Treat.  Although most members volunteers, they still get to create friendships with one another.

Photographer: Kaia Hsu
Grace Passolano and Nick Korosa pose together on the haystack.

In addition on October 27th, Best Buddies met at East Campus to host a Trunk or Treat, where buddies and their peers dressed up in costumes and parade down the sidewalk in the parking lot. The buddies picked candy from each decorated trunk and spent the day celebrating Halloween.

Photographer: Kaia Hsu
Kent Cherry, Kendall, and Ellie Reiniche spent their time at Konows petting the goats.
Photographer: Kaia Hsu
Maya Chandarana, Audrey Chisholm, and Allison Strote had fun at Konows walking around during their Best Buddies event.