Prom Dress Resale

Written by Megan Zajac, News Editor

The LTHS Foundation hosted the fourth annual Prom Dress Resale last month on Sunday, Jan. 25 from 10a.m.-2p.m. Sellers were encouraged to drop off dresses in good condition that they were willing to donate or price for the fundraiser. There were about 150 sellers and over 600 dresses of all colors and sizes. The abundance of dresses and variety of style that the resale has offered over the past few years draws in students from Bolingbrook, Lemont, Lockport, Plainfield, Sandburg – just to name a few.

Mrs. Kim Brehm, Director of Development & Public Relations /LTHS Foundation, organizes the event each year and mentioned she implemented a new tagging system for this year’s event in order to make things run more smoothly this time around. Although this was an improvement to the event, Brehm also said that she had less help and fewer volunteers this year.

However, student volunteer, Junior Carlie Ryba, has been participating in the Prom Dress Resale since she was a freshman at Lockport.

Ryba said, “a lot of different girls found their perfect dresses.”

That is what this event is all about; helping girls who could not necessarily have the perfect dress at the boutique cost or helping the girls recoup some of the money they put out on expensive dresses in years past. It is also refreshing to see the smiles that result from girls of the community taking care of their dresses and sharing them.

Ryba also mentioned, “many different dresses from previous years actually came back in perfect condition and were bought again.”

Most importantly, the annual resale provided over 200 almost new dresses and raised $18,000 for the LTHS Foundation. The resale continues to grow each year and “there were so many people that showed up throughout the day,” said Ryba.