Let’s Get Groovy, Porters!

Written by McKenna Orrico, News Editor, Editor-in-chief

After a long year with no social activities, Lockport Township High School gave students its first homecoming dance since 2019. This year’s homecoming theme was the 70’s, and the student body and staff really showed off their school spirit during spirit week. Following homecoming week’s festivities, Porters were able to look their best at the homecoming dance. 

Despite some changes and irregularities: dance being held in the parking lot, rain, long lines, and few others, Porters still made the most of their 2021 homecoming. When students entered the dance, they were greeted with a stage accompanied by a DJ, tents with games and activities, and a crowd of their peers looking to have a great time. The DJ played current and past hits varying from Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond to Boys by Lizzo. Students got to jump around admiring the smoke machines displaying colorful smoke and vivid lights that lit up the dance. In the tents, there were games like giant Jenga and corn hole used by the students who wanted a break from the crowd or wanted to have an intimate time with friends. 

Even though homecoming was not how it used to be, Porters still made the night electric. It is truly unique for students to go to these events and make memories that will last them a lifetime. Thank you to all the staff and students who made this dance possible. While it may have been different, it was still definitely a night to remember!