Can We Get a Student Splash Page Update?

Written by Ava Lamb, News Editor

At LTHS, we are very lucky to not only have lots of clubs to join and participate in, but also many sports to choose from and join! But how do we find out about all of these activities? The one and only LTHS student splash page!

We are very thankful for a website that provides all the information we need, but sometimes it’s a little hard to navigate. When you open the lths.org browser you are hit with a lot of tabs, pictures and lots of things to explore. While this offers various places for us to find information, it can be difficult to navigate and find what you’re looking for. To locate information off the main page, we are offered a search bar. However, the issue with the search bar is that it doesn’t always bring you to what you’re looking for. At times it often makes it difficult to find what you’re looking for. For example, let’s say you’re trying to find what time a baseball game is and where. You search sports and schedule. One big problem. There isn’t a lot of information and you have no idea what link to click.

Not only that, but it doesn’t provide the location of the games! This has procured a really big problem for freshmen when they want to attend events or games at East. It makes it hard for freshmen to feel like they are a part of the school when all other students are aware of activities or games except them. It would be beneficial to have more accessible information for students who are not familiar with the school and how it runs.

The splash page is something to be thankful for, and LTHS’ tech department has worked long and hard, but there are a few issues that need to be addressed. Students want to be able to easily navigate the page, and be sure that all information is provided when they do use the page. We should all be thankful for the people who worked long and hard for us to even have a website but these are just some friendly requests that could make our website better!