Fall clubs and sports begin the season of student involvement

Written by Haley Wyatt, Senior Staff Writer

With the new school year comes an exciting time of student involvement. Within the first three weeks, most of the clubs and fall sports have already started taking in new members and hosting tryouts. LTHS has over 40 clubs and extracurricular activities and about 30 competitive teams.

The following LTHS clubs have announced the days they meet:

• Best Buddies meetings are announced prior to the meeting on the announcements.
  • The Chess Club meets every Monday.
  • The Video Club meets every Tuesday.
  • The Math Team typically meets on Mondays and Wednesdays.
  • The International Club, Porter Pressand Student Government meet every Wednesday.
  • The S.A.D.D. Club meets every other Wednesday. 
  • The GSA and Yearbook Club meet every Thursday after school.

The Fall Play and One Acts have just held their auditions this past week. “Auditions can definitely be stressful, but making the show is worth it,” said one LTHS junior. “The shows are always so much fun!”

Many of the boys athletic teams have already begun their season. Cross-country, football, golf, soccer, and tennis have already started. The remaining sports teams will be hosting tryouts in the next few weeks, so be sure to stay posted.

“You just have to make sure you are always prepared for tryouts and are showing your best self,” said Chris Nakashian, an LTHS sophomore.

Similarly, quite a few of the girls athletic teams have started their season as well. Girls basketball, cheerleading, cross-country, golf, dance, swimming, and volleyball have all begun.

“Tryouts can be very stressful,” says Marissa McElligott, an LTHS sophomore. “As long as you show effort and show that you want to be there, you’ll get results.”